Friday 26 September 2014

My Digital Dossier

Your Digital Dossier or Digital Footprints is the accumulation of all the digital tracks you leave behind.

I have just finished watching the video about digital footprints and I have to say I am very surprised!
It made me think about how much information about my life was on the internet and if not on the internet,how much of my information was in digital form!


Source








Before I watched the video I thought it would just be about social media accounts like Facebook, twitter etc, but I was very wrong! I was informed that my digital footprints had begun before I was born! From my moms ultrasound to the last order I placed on amazon- everything I do with technology is a part of my digital dossier.


The internet helps us to connect to millions of people around the world and as we do, our digital footprints are growing. From something as simple as following someone on instagram or retweeting a tweet, we are adding to our digital dossiers. Your dossier however is far from just being about what you do on the internet. It is also added to by security cameras, hospital records and even just by taking a picture.

Thanks for reading,
Hannah.




3 comments: